The new year is upon us and for many, it’s a self-proclaimed time to focus on better health for not only our bodies, but for our minds and spirits as well. If your New Year’s resolution is to live a healthier lifestyle and age both well and happily, YourLife™can help. According to Kelly Carroll, Director of Community Relations at YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, the new year is a good time to start living a healthier lifestyle while enacting a healthy aging action plan. “Not only is the new year a fresh start, but it provides the chance for a completely clean slate with new, attainable goals,” she states. “When creating your plan of action for the new year, be sure to set goals that are not too out of the ordinary. Setting standards that are able to be attained, easily measured and checked off your list is likely to keep you motivated and focused on all there is to achieve. For example, if you set yourself a goal that’s very difficult to reach, you’re likely to give it up because you’re not seeing progress or getting any closer. Instead, try to create a list of simple goals, as these will be likely to help you not only reach them, but maintain them for years to come.”
Creating a Healthy Aging Action Plan for 2020
When it comes to creating your plan, consider some of these to help you not only become healthier, but happier!
- Think about what you want to achieve most. Get a fresh notebook and put your wishes in writing. Do you see a pattern? Does your resolution have more to do with being healthier, becoming more social or creating a better plan for your future? Create your plan around the things that are most important to you. We can help you outline your goals and find ways to not only achieve them, but to exceed your expectations.
- Vow to try to eat healthier meals. Whether you are eating out too often, are opting for less healthy meals or simply snacking too much, try to find ways to make your health a priority. If you eat out a lot, look at the menu ahead of time to pick out what could be most nutritious for you – this will lessen the likelihood of splurging on a calorie-heavy meal or being too tempted by the photographs. If your downfall is snacking, consider stocking up on healthier snacks like fruits or vegetables. At YourLife™, our residents have access to healthy, nutritious meals that they don’t need to worry about preparing, helping them to not only enjoy meals more, but live a healthier lifestyle, as well.
- Strive to get some exercise. Many people start out their exercises strong, but don’t stick to them. Whether it’s from lack of motivation or because it’s lonely doing it on your own, YourLife™ has a solution to make fitness easier to stick to. Come take a class you love with new friends, create a plan to meet your goals with our team, shake things up with something new – everything is up to you.
- Get involved. It can be difficult to find new and exciting things to do each day, especially if you don’t have many friends or family members around to enjoy events with. At YourLife™, we understand how important it is to get involved and socialize with others. This is why we provide an array of social opportunities, special events, outings and so much more.
- Plan for the future. If your only goal for this year is to ensure you have a plan put in place should health changes occur, talk to us. We would be happy to help you come up with a plan to meet your needs while showing you how much fun our engaging lifestyle can be!
To learn more or talk to a member of our team, contact us today! Simply give us a call or schedule your visit!
Inspired • Engaged • Fulfilled
Offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care, YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens was designed specifically with residents in mind. We know your life is shaped by family, friends, hobbies, passions and more, so we’ve created a community where you can enjoy comfort, independence and engagement, all while having the peace of mind of 24-hour support and the freedom to define your own lifestyle. Here, we shape each thing we do around you, from your routines and interests to your choices and preferences, to create an inspiring lifestyle that fits YourLife™ perfectly. Because we are completely shaped around you, our residents get more of out their lives. With exceptional care delivered by a dedicated and compassionate team and a fulfilling lifestyle full of choice and convenience, residents have the support they need to live as independently and engaged as possible. Each day holds something new for residents. Whether they are enjoying our exclusive activities, learning something new or simply engaging in our YourStory programming, we create an individual experience centered around each resident. Do you enjoy making new discoveries and trying new hobbies, simply want to continue the hobbies you love or enjoy some time to yourself to relax? At YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, the choice is up to you. Contact us to learn more! Call us at 561-246-6102 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.