Caring for a loved one with memory loss can be journey of challenges and trials, purpose and perseverance. From the time your loved one’s first symptoms appear to when they experience the later stages of dementia, you are there to comfort and care for them – but you never have to do it alone. To make it through the journey of memory loss, you need someone by your side for support, guidance and empathy. “At YourLife™ of Tallahassee, we’re dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for seniors living with memory loss, as well as the families that love and care for them,” says Jimmie Fay Griffin, Executive Director at YourLife™ of Tallahassee, a Memory Care Assisted Living community in Tallhassee, Florida. “We understand that families caring for a loved one with dementia need support as well. To guide families through their caregiving journey, we open our community to as a valuable resource of information and support, delivered by a compassionate team of Memory Care professionals who understand the challenges you face – and the achievements you celebrate – day by day.”
5 Ways YourLife™ Supports Family Caregivers
YourLife™ of Tallahassee is proud to partner with families providing care for their loved ones. We don’t reserve our help for just our residents, instead dedicating our mission to lift up the entire community by helping those who care at home. Here are just a few of the ways YourLife™ offers support to family caregivers:
- Educational Events and Support Groups. YourLife™ of Tallahassee offers regular programs for families to deepen your understanding of memory loss, learn new techniques for providing care and find support for your own caregiving needs. Sometimes presented by our own experienced team members or by professionals in the community, our educational events help you to learn more about memory loss and caregiving. We also host support groups for family members, providing a safe space for families to share their experiences and find guidance and solidarity among those who understand their unique challenges.
- Community Resources and Connections. When you’re connected to YourLife™ of Tallahassee, you’re connected to the area’s best team of Memory Care providers. In addition to offering families our short- and long-term Memory Care services, our team is made up of professional experts, ready to share their expertise and insight with caregiving families. We also have connections to third-party professionals and services in the senior care industry and are always happy to help families access our growing network of local agencies.
- Memory Connections Adult Day Program. Caring for a loved one with memory loss is a full-time commitment, so that can make it difficult for caregivers who have other work and family responsibilities. Our Memory Connections program offers a great solution for busy caregivers and loved ones who could benefit from our professional care, dining experience and community engagement during the day.
- Respite Stays. Sometimes, caregivers need a break from their duties for any number of reasons. Respite stays allow caregivers to focus on other aspects of their lives, secure with the peace of mind that comes from knowing their loved one is enjoying the benefits of our comfortable, engaging community. Respite stays can also serve to ease the transition to full-time care.
- Full-Time Residential Care. When the time comes for around-the-clock, professional Memory Care, we offer seniors and their families evidence-based care support within our purposefully designed community. As a stand-alone Memory Care community, all of our efforts, talents and energy are focused on providing the best support for those with memory loss. We also emphasize family connections, so you can be sure you’re actively involved in your loved one’s care. Family members are welcome to participate in everything from care planning to daily activities and meals.
Care for the Whole Family
Memory loss is truly a family diagnosis, affecting not just the individual but everyone in contact with them. The challenges and obstacles a loved one faces are shared by their family and the ones who care for them. So why shouldn’t they have access to support as well? “YourLife™ answers the call for memory care,” says Griffin, “but we don’t stop with the individual diagnosed. We design services that support family members while they’re providing care at home, and our residential program ensures families continue to be a priority, even after their loved one moves in with us.” If you are a family caregiver in need of support, guidance, advice or resources, don’t hesitate to contact the team at YourLife™ of Tallahassee. We’re here to help, every step of the way.
Inspired ● Engaged ● Fulfilled
If someone you love is living with memory loss, you want the very best for them. You’ll find it at YourLife™ of Tallahassee. Because Memory Care is all that we do, we have the unique ability to focus all our energy, attention and resources into creating an environment that caters to each resident’s needs, preferences and abilities while providing unequaled peace of mind and support for families. We see each resident as an individual because we understand that each resident has their own story. Using this idea, we develop personally inspired care plans that value and support each person’s independence while creating beautiful days. No matter how much care they need, our team of attentive, caring YourLife™ Personal Care Specialists can provide assistance with all activities of daily living while providing reminders, guidance, support and cues. Even better, residents and their families experience true peace of mind knowing that expert care is on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our personal touch doesn’t stop at our care. In fact, it’s only just the beginning. We create days that leave residents feeling Inspired. Engaged. Fulfilled through our signature programming, YourStory. With individual experiences centered around each resident, engaging outings, services and amenities, activities, dining and more, we create opportunities to learn and pursue new endeavors. At YourLife™ of Tallahassee, everything was designed for you, but it is defined by you, creating a lifestyle that makes every day a joy. Contact us to learn more! Call us at 850-250-5671 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.