When it comes to finding senior living care options, it can be confusing to know what to choose. However, depending on your loved one’s care needs, the solution can be clear.
“When considering Assisted Living and Memory Care, it’s important to take their needs into account, while evaluating what their future care needs will be,” says Jillian Castenallo, Community Relations Director at YourLife™ of Coconut Creek, a Memory Care community in Coconut Creek, Florida. “This helps to create the most seamless move possible while eliminating another move down the road that could be more difficult. Although this can be difficult to think about, it is necessary, as having a plan can make the transition and journey easier for both you and your loved one who needs care.”
Assisted Living vs. Memory Care
Knowing what the differences are between Assisted Living and Memory Care can help you early on in your search. Consider some of the following points:
- When is Assisted Living or Memory Care right for my loved one? Assisted Living is for those who need some assistance with activities of daily living but are still able to be independent. Memory Care is perfect for those who are dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, and may or may not still be able to do things on their own.
- Is there a time that it’s best to move to an Assisted Living community? If you believe your loved one may need Memory Care at one point or another, it may be best to look into an Assisted Living community that has Memory Care as an option. This can prevent the need for a move later down the line and instead give you and your family peace of mind.
- Will a Memory Care community be safer for my loved one? Oftentimes, the answer is an astounding “yes.” Memory Care communities such as YourLife™ of Coconut Creek are designed solely with those dealing with memory loss in mind. They are created to be more secure, allow for safe wandering and can best meet your loved one’s needs.
- Both have an enriching lifestyle. Whether you’re looking at a Memory Care community or an Assisted Living community, they both have a lifestyle full of programming and activities, outings, special events and more.
- Are the care teams specially trained? In many Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, the care teams are specially trained and on-site to provide the care your loved one needs to live an inspired and fulfilling life.
For more information about Assisted Living and Memory Care, we invite you to contact the team at YourLife™ of Coconut Creek. We would be happy to provide you with information, guidance about which option would be best for your loved one and give you the support you need to make the best decision. For more information or to schedule a tour, call YourLife™ today at 954-228-6252.
Inspiring Memory Care Designed for You. Defined by You.
YourLife™ of Coconut Creek was created to provide the most exceptional Memory Care and uplifting lifestyle for our residents. We focus all our energy, attention and resources to creating a community that caters to each resident’s personal needs, respects their choices and honors individuality, while providing unequaled peace of mind and support for families.
Because Memory Care is our sole focus, we have the unique ability to design and personally tailor plans around our residents. We understand that each resident is an individual that has their own story, specific needs and retained abilities, so we develop personally inspired care plans that value and support each person’s independence.
Our team of attentive, caring YourLife™ Personal Care Specialists are on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide assistance with everyday activities, gentle reminders and redirection.
With YourStory, our signature programming, we create an individual experience centered around each resident. From cultural, educational and holistic health and wellness programming, outings and an array of other special events to personal care, assistance and therapies, we create days with meaning. At YourLife™ of Coconut Creek, our residents and families know that this is a community designed for you, with a lifestyle defined by you. Contact us to learn more!
Call us at 954-228-6252 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.