Planning for the future is an important thing for seniors and caregivers to do. This New Year, make it a resolution to plan ahead or make a change to better your loved one’s life or make your life as a caregiver a little easier. “If your loved one is living with memory loss, you may know the struggle it can be to provide an engaging lifestyle, care for their ever-changing needs and make sure they are safe and secure,” says Cheyanne Schaible, Community Relations Director at YourLife™ of Wildwood. “As their disease progresses, it can become even more difficult to ensure their needs are met while becoming even more likely that you are suffering from caregiver stress and burnout. This can make caregiving difficult and can cause your loved one with memory loss to act out and even become aggressive – making Memory Care an option to consider. If you notice your loved one’s needs are rapidly increasing, you are unable to provide the care they need or they are no longer safe at home, consider starting the discussion about moving to a Memory Care community.”
Why Is Moving to Memory Care a Good Option for Those with Memory Loss This New Year?
If Memory Care is something you or your loved one have been considering, the New Year is the perfect time to make a move. Consider some of the following reasons a move to a Memory Care community such as YourLife™ of Wildwood can be beneficial.
- There are an array of programming and activities to choose from. If your loved one spends a lot of time on their own or is beginning to get depressed about not having meaningful or engaging programming and activities to participate in, moving to a Memory Care community is perfect for them. What could be better than starting out the New Year on the right foot with programming tailored to your loved one’s needs and preferences?
- There are others facing a similar journey. If your loved one often feels like no one understands what they are going through, or if they are struggling to cope with their disease, having others around who are facing similar situations can help. They can talk to others, find ways to cope and make their New Year better by gaining a new perspective on their disease.
- They will gain access to care whenever they need. With a trained team of professionals, your loved one can enjoy the care they need, when they need it. Even better, we allow residents to do as much as they please on their own, helping them to feel independent.
- It will be a fresh start. Often, a move to a Memory Care community can be seen as a new adventure. From new friends and a new space to enjoy to getting rid of old belongings you don’t need anymore, there’s so much to look forward to.
- It will provide peace of mind for the entire family. There’s nothing like peace of mind knowing your loved one is in good hands with person-centered care, personalized care plans and so much more.
For more information about how YourLife™ can make your New Year great, please call our team today at 352-358-1952.
Designed for You. Defined by You.
YourLife™ of Wildwood provides the most exceptional Memory Care and uplifting lifestyle for our residents. In fact, we were created with that one purpose in mind. Each day, we focus all our energy, attention and resources to creating an environment that caters to each resident’s personal needs, choices and individuality, while ensuring unequaled peace of mind and dedicated support for families. At YourLife™ of Wildwood, we have the ability to design and personally tailor plans around our residents thanks to our sole focus on Memory Care. We understand that everyone has their own story, specific needs and retained abilities, so we develop personally inspired care plans that help to enhance and support each person’s independence while enriching their days. To ensure further peace of mind, our team of YourLife™ Personal Care Specialists are on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide assistance with everyday activities, gentle reminders and redirection. With our signature YourStory programming, we not only personalize Memory Care, but we are able to create an individual experience centered around each resident. From cultural, educational and wellness programming to scheduled outings and other special events, to personal care, assistance and multiple therapies, we create days with meaning. At YourLife™ of Wildwood, our residents and their families know that this is a community designed for you, with a lifestyle defined by you. Contact us to learn more! Call us at 352-358-1952 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.