YOURLife™ Senior Living’s Communication & Response to COVID-19
YOURLife™ Senior Living is monitoring COVID-19 updates and has plans in place to react swiftly if the virus would impact our community.
As a part of YourLife’s tireless efforts to keep our residents, staff and communities safe, we’ve implemented an additional sterilization protocol, SteraMist Environmental Technology Solutions.
Learn more in the video below!
To keep family and friends updated, we are doing daily Facebook Live events at 10 a.m. every morning, if you are unable to join us during that time, recordings of the videos are available on Facebook and the community pages.
YOURLife™ Senior Living’s Strategy
YOURLife™ Senior Living is continuing to follow infection control protocols and, per CMS restrictions outlined during the March 13th Presidential Address, is suspending non-essential visitation. The strategy as outlined:
- Allowing only essential visitors, those providing needed essential care for our residents
- Essential visitors are screened via COVID-19 questionnaire and temperature is taken
- No one under the age of 18 may enter the community
- Residents’ and team members’ temperatures checked daily
- No outside pets allowed
- Anyone answering yes to any question is prohibited from visiting
- Frequent hand hygiene with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, washing for at least 20 seconds.
- Implemented SteraMist Environmental Technology Solutions at each community building, to further ensure a safe environment for our residents and staff members
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease contamination.
- Standard precautions, such as wearing masks, gloves and gowns as situations warrant their use.
For more information, please view our latest news post
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I visit my loved one?
No. Our number one priority is the safety of our residents, families, and team members. Unfortunately, this means taking measures like limiting non-essential visits.
We are committed to keeping our residents, family members and loved ones informed during the COVID-19 developments. Until we are able to lift our visitation restrictions, we will be hosting a daily Facebook Live webinar at 10 a.m. to share most recent updates about how we are responding to managing through these difficult times, to give updates on how your loved one are doing, and answer questions you may have.
Can I see my loved one another way?
Yes. We can schedule Skype and FaceTime sessions to keep you connected. Please contact the Life Engagement Director at your loved one’s community to schedule your time to virtually visit
Is my loved one confined to their room?
No. We are practicing social distancing.
Can a resident be checked out during this quarantine to stay at a loved one's home?
Residents trips out of the community are limited to urgent, medical visits only.
Are outside care providers able to come in and provide resident services?
At this time, we are allowing essential visitors only if they answer no to all questions on the COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
What is the screening questionnaire?
Essential individuals are screened via COVID-19 questionnaire. Individuals answering yes to any question are prohibited from entering community. Click here to download.
How can I view your live videos?
Follow these instructions to access the Facebook Live events each day at 10 a.m. of the community’s time zone.
- Start by making sure you have ‘Liked’ the Facebook page. To do so, open the Facebook profile page for your family member’s community. Tap or click the Like button at the top of the page. This will automatically set you to start following. You’ll receive updates on your News Feed whenever we start broadcasting.
- Find a live video to watch in your News Feed. When people you follow and your friends are streaming live video, you’ll see it show up in your News Feed.
- Comments that you type will be visible to the audience/Executive Director, allowing them to respond to them in real time.
- Tap or click the “Share” button to share the live broadcast with other people.
- When we finish broadcasting live, an archive of that recording remains on our timeline. You can browse through the timeline to find older broadcasts. Once you find an old Live broadcast, a playlist of all the old broadcasts will be loaded.
- We have also made recordings of the daily broadcasts available on our YouTube channels and each community page.
What sterilization procedures is YourLife™ using?
As a part of YourLife’s tireless efforts to keep our residents, staff and communities safe, we continue to establish and implement new disinfectant and cleaning protocols, on top of our daily cleaning protocols.
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease contamination using five additional products that provide specific labeling to kill COVID-19 Coronavirus and are approved by the EPA.
- SteraMist Environmental Technology Solutions. Learn more in this informative video.
- Frequent hand hygiene with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, washing for at least 20 seconds