The wind may have a chill, it’s snowing in the North, holiday cards are arriving and decorations are appearing! The holiday season is approaching quickly and with it, some exciting hustle and bustle, special events and fun. We often hear that there’s no place like home for the holidays, but for those who live in a senior living community, it’s even better and filled with even more excitement.
According to Kelly Carroll, Director of Community Relations at YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, the holidays for those in senior living are full of engagement, opportunity and festive fun. “There are so many things to do and participate in at senior living communities, and even better, there’s so much less you need to worry about! For those who move from northern states, you can trade in your need to shovel snow and prepare for icy winter driving for warmer weather, lower heating bills and a sunny, warm holiday,” she states. “Not only this, but you can enjoy peace of mind, a variety of programs and activities and so much more!”
Celebrating Your First Holiday in Senior Living
Consider some of the following ways you can enjoy your holiday season at YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens:
- Pick up an activities calendar. During the holidays, so many programs take place within senior living communities. From decorating and holiday card making and crafts to special dinners and entertainment, the possibilities are endless. Pick out programs that interest you and attend. Start a club with your friends or choose a few and go caroling! Make the most of your holiday!
- Go see a holiday show. From school plays, holiday concerts, Christmas movies at the theater, live outdoor performances, ballets and more, there are many ways to enjoy the spirit of the season while taking in the arts! Check out scheduled transportation to see what is available or take a drive on your own with your friends!
- Host your family for the holidays. Is it just not the holiday season without your family and friends around? Consider hosting the holidays this year in our private dining room and let us prepare your holiday feast! If that’s not an option for your family, simply have them visit during festive seasonal events, enjoy a small meal with you in a variety of dining venues or hang out in your own space!
- Explore the surrounding area during holiday shopping. If you’ve got a lot of holiday shopping to do or aren’t exactly sure what to get those in your life, consider browsing the shops in the area! Make it a fun event with your friends! Start off with coffee and brunch in the morning, shop around, enjoy lunch or dinner and just delight in good company and the atmosphere of the area! It’s sure to put you in the holiday spirit!
- Get some gifts for your neighbors. Whether you bake something delicious, make personalized stockings or get some fun gag gifts, getting gifts for your new friends and neighbors can help to break the ice and form stronger bonds. If you desire, make it a group event by creating a “Secret Santa” program!
To learn more about how you can make your season bright at YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, or to ask any questions you may have, contact our team today! We would be happy to help you! Simply give us a call or schedule your visit!
Inspired • Engaged • Fulfilled
Offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care, YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens was designed specifically with residents in mind. We know your life is shaped by family, friends, hobbies, passions and more, so we’ve created a community where you can enjoy comfort, independence and engagement, all while having the peace of mind of 24-hour support and the freedom to define your own lifestyle. Here, we shape each thing we do around you, from your routines and interests to your choices and preferences, to create an inspiring lifestyle that fits YourLife™ perfectly.
Because we are completely shaped around you, our residents get more of out their lives. With exceptional care delivered by a dedicated and compassionate team and a fulfilling lifestyle full of choice and convenience, residents have the support they need to live as independently and engaged as possible.
Each day holds something new for residents. Whether they are enjoying our exclusive activities, learning something new or simply engaging in our YourStory programming, we create an individual experience centered around each resident. Do you enjoy making new discoveries and trying new hobbies, simply want to continue the hobbies you love or enjoy some time to yourself to relax? At YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, the choice is up to you. Contact us to learn more!
Call us at 561-246-6102 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.