Many seniors have worked hard their entire lives to be able to afford the retirement lifestyle of their dreams. Many picture beaches, a warm location, activities to do on a daily basis and the peace of mind of knowing care is available if it’s ever needed. Those may seem like far away dreams, but with smart shopping, knowing what you want and never settling for less than what you deserve, this type of retirement lifestyle can be your reality.
According to Matthew Sarnelli, Executive Director at YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, a shocking number of seniors settle for less than the best, and certainly less than they deserve. “Seniors tend to compromise on their retirement lifestyle because they think it will be too expensive, it’s unrealistic or that any senior living community will offer the things they desire,” says Matthew. “Unfortunately, seniors who don’t choose the lifestyle they deserve often find that the community they chose is not a good value, doesn’t offer the variety of programs and amenities they wish they had and gets more expensive as time goes on. This often leads to another costly move or an unhappy retirement which could have been avoided with some added research and care.”
Why Seniors Should Choose the Retirement Lifestyle They Deserve
If you settle for less than the retirement lifestyle you deserve, you may miss out on all of the benefits you could be receiving, such as:
- Engaging programming. Many senior living communities offer a choice of programs and activities to meet different interests. From gardening and book clubs to art classes and more, there’s no shortage of things to do each day. If you can’t find an activity that interests you, some communities will even create them or let you lead them in order to showcase your talents and teach others.
- Opportunities for continued learning. Just because seniors are retired doesn’t mean they want to stop learning. Senior living communities tend to offer programs, events and classes with local universities that allow you to further your education, learn new skills and discover new talents. Seniors who opt to stay at home usually have to pay for these opportunities.
- Outings and trips. Do you enjoy traveling, going to museums or the theater? Senior living communities offer these trips and even some discounts as a result of going as a group. Not only this, but you can find others who have the same interests and connect with them easier than if you stayed at home.
- Gracious services and amenities. As if letting go of home maintenance, yard work and housekeeping wasn’t enough, senior living communities offer a range of services and amenities that can help to enhance your experience. From spas and salons, chef-prepared meals, scheduled transportation and more, there’s always something to enjoy.
- Companionship and camaraderie. Because you no longer need to worry about keeping up with a home, you have more time to spend doing as you please. Participating in programming and activities, exploring your hobbies and discovering new passions opens you up to connecting with others, allowing you to make new friends and enjoy the company of others.
- Delicious dining in multiple venues. You deserve to enjoy your retirement, not spend much of it cooking! Instead, let the chefs at your senior living community prepare delicious and nutritious meals for you. Never worry about cooking, baking or grocery shopping again, unless you want to! Even better, most offer a range of venues allowing quick bites to eat, pizza and sandwiches, elegant sit-down meals and more.
- The peace of mind of care. If you ever need support or assistance with some daily activities, senior living communities can help. Many have expert team members and licensed nurses on site 24 hours per day, 7 days a week to assist seniors if it’s needed. This allows for care without ever needing to move from the community you love.
- Enhanced health and wellness. If you’ve always wanted to exercise and get your health back on track, senior living communities offer the ideal way to do so. Leading communities offer various health and wellness programs, fitness classes with licensed instructors, nutritionists and more on site! You’ll never need to worry about driving to the gym, being anxious because you don’t know how to use the equipment or even be bored because of the variety of classes offered.
A happy, engaging and fulfilling retirement may not be as far out of your reach as you believe it to be. Before touring retirement communities, make a list of what you are looking for, in order of importance. This can help you prioritize and know what to expect upon moving in. It’s also important to ask about future care, as some communities charge more over time or don’t offer the level of care that some seniors come to need. For more information about what to look for when touring a community, or to experience the retirement lifestyle that YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens offers, call or visit us today. The retirement lifestyle you’ve been waiting for might not be as far as you think it is.
Inspired • Engaged • Fulfilled
Offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care, YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens was designed specifically with residents in mind. We know your life is shaped by family, friends, hobbies, passions and more, so we’ve created a community where you can enjoy comfort, independence and engagement, all while having the peace of mind of 24-hour support and the freedom to define your own lifestyle. Here, we shape each thing we do around you, from your routines and interests to your choices and preferences, to create an inspiring lifestyle that fits YourLife™ perfectly.
Because we are completely shaped around you, our residents get more of out their lives. With exceptional care delivered by a dedicated and compassionate team and a fulfilling lifestyle full of choice and convenience, residents have the support they need to live as independently and engaged as possible.
Each day holds something new for residents. Whether they are enjoying our exclusive activities, learning something new or simply engaging in our YourStory programming, we create an individual experience centered around each resident. Do you enjoy making new discoveries and trying new hobbies, simply want to continue the hobbies you love or enjoy some time to yourself to relax? At YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, the choice is up to you. Contact us to learn more!