As seniors age and get closer to retirement, one of the things they are most excited for is free time, opportunities to do whatever they please and the freedom from the stress of work and their normal routine. In fact, they are often ready to shake things up. While retirement can bring excitement, it can wear off quickly - especially as the tasks of homeownership rise, health care costs increase, and friends move away. This leaves many seniors wondering if they’ve expected too much, and while this can be true, it doesn’t mean it has to be. According to Kelly Carroll, Director of Community Relations at YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, there are ways to experience the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of, complete with benefits, opportunities to explore and so much more. “These expectations are often what brings seniors to an Independent Living community, such as YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens,” she says. “Here, we are able to provide the lifestyle they pictured for themselves, complete with services and amenities, the peace of mind of healthcare available if they should ever need it, and the excitement of new opportunities, programming and socialization.”
Could It Be Time for Independent Living?
If you’re questioning when it’s time to make the transition, consider some of the following reasons that you should!
- You’re tired of keeping up with your home. Who wants to be burdened with housekeeping, laundry, yardwork and maintenance when you could be spending your time doing whatever you want to do? Better yet, if you hire someone to take care of this for you, you often have to sit around and wait for them to arrive, and then wait until they leave to carry on with your day. At an Independent Living community, you don’t need to worry about any of that!
- You want to socialize more than you do. At an Independent Living community like YourLife, there are so many opportunities to meet new people, make friends and enjoy the company of others. Whether you dine together, enjoy the same wellness programs and clubs or simply chat during an outing, you can be as social as you desire.
- The peace of mind of care is something you’d love. If you’re concerned about needing care, you can rest assured that all your needs can be met in the community you know and love. From Independent Living with Supportive Services to Assisted Living and Memory Care, we have everything you need all in one place.
- You want to focus on your health and wellness. Instead of joining a gym and dealing with the hassle of driving there and back from day-to-day, you can enjoy the convenience of the fitness gym and therapy center at YourLife™.
- You don’t want to cook, but want delicious meals. That’s ok, we can take care of that for you, too! With an array of dining options to meet your needs, including the Lobby Cafe, MacArthur’s Pub, Skipper Dining Room, Palmer Private Dining Room and al fresco dining, you’re sure to find something that meets your needs.
For more information about whether or not Independent Living could be right for you, or to experience it for yourself, contact the team at YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens. We would be happy to schedule your visit and give you a preview of what your life could be like each day.
Inspired • Engaged • Fulfilled
Offering Independent Living with Supportive Services, Assisted Living and Memory Care, YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens was designed specifically with residents in mind. We know your life is shaped by family, friends, hobbies, passions and more, so we’ve created a community where you can enjoy comfort, independence and engagement, all while having the peace of mind of 24-hour support and the freedom to define your own lifestyle. Here, we shape each thing we do around you, from your routines and interests to your choices and preferences, to create an inspiring lifestyle that fits YourLife™ perfectly. Because we are completely shaped around you, our residents get more out of their lives. With exceptional care delivered by a dedicated and compassionate team and a fulfilling lifestyle full of choice and convenience, residents have the support they need to live as independently and engaged as possible. Each day holds something new for residents. Whether they are enjoying our exclusive activities, learning something new or simply engaging in our YourStory programming, we create an individual experience centered around each resident. Do you enjoy making new discoveries and trying new hobbies, simply want to continue the hobbies you love or enjoy some time to yourself to relax? At YourLife™ of Palm Beach Gardens, the choice is up to you. Contact us to learn more! Call us at 561-246-6102 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.